- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire company to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building
On September 25, 2017, the Oldwick fire company and mutual aid companies, responded to a propane fire on Hell Mountain in Tewksbury. The fire was quickly extinguished. Unfortunately a member of the household was badly burned and was lifted by NJ State Police helicopter for treatment. Happily the individual was seen two weeks later in ‘downtown’ Oldwick, we wish a speedy recovery
Friday Night, October 13, the Oldwick Fire Company will be open to Tewksbury. Come see our trucks, gear and meet the firefighters, your neighbors! The grille will be open