On September 25, 2017, the Oldwick fire company and mutual aid companies, responded to a propane fire on Hell Mountain in Tewksbury. The fire was quickly extinguished. Unfortunately a member of the household was badly burned and was lifted by NJ State Police helicopter for treatment. Happily the individual was seen two weeks later in ‘downtown’ Oldwick, we wish a speedy recovery
Friday Night, October 13, the Oldwick Fire Company will be open to Tewksbury. Come see our trucks, gear and meet the firefighters, your neighbors! The grille will be open
On November 10, 2016 Kiddee issued a recall notice for NightHawk combination smoke-carbonmonoxide alarms. The alarm can fail to continue to chirp when it reaches its seven year end of life if the batteries are replaced, leading consumers to believe it is still working. This poses a risk to consumers being alerted to a fire or CO incident in their home.
It is recommended that the units be replaced. Kidde can be contated at 855.239.0490 for additional information.